Welcome!

Blog of a Writer on the Go and Barely Here.
Here by accident?
Looking for something more 'family-friendly'? Check out my Children's & Young Adult Blog:The Wide Writing World of Emily McKeon

Friday, December 30, 2011

A New Year Looms

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule or whatever you happen to celebrate.  Now most of the craziness of the holidays are over, we can turn our attention to the New Year.  The question now becomes, how will this year be different from the one we're leaving behind?

Like many, I made New Year's resolutions at this time last year.  I was determined to be at the very least agented by the end of the year.  Sad to say, with only a day and a half left it doesn't look like my resolution will be fulfilled.  But, it doesn't mean I didn't try or make any headway in my pursuits.

2011 saw me more active in my writing than I have been since my school days.  Two novels completed and out on submission, a third going through edits and revisions and several others in beginning draft phase.  Attention to my own writing wasn't the only thing.  On-line writing critique groups and sites have been joined, Facebook author page set-up, signed up for Twitter & Google + and started this blog.

Most important part of my journey this year are all the connections and friendships I've formed by finally getting out there and doing what I love.  Friendships have been formed through Amazon Breakthrough Novel discussion boards or Authonomy forums and have trickled over to Facebook and Twitter.  So while I may not have reached my goal, I'd say my journey towards it have been productive and well worth it.

With 2012 looming so close, I'm left to make my resolutions once again for the new year.  So, here it goes.  This year my resolutions are to get at least agented and hopefully sell at least one MS.  I will enter my work into as many contests as possible and try to grow my readership.  Lastly, I won't stop doing what I love, writing and sharing my work with friends old and new.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment