Welcome!

Blog of a Writer on the Go and Barely Here.
Here by accident?
Looking for something more 'family-friendly'? Check out my Children's & Young Adult Blog:The Wide Writing World of Emily McKeon

Monday, April 8, 2013

How Do You Compete?

So, as many of you know, I had a book signing over the weekend. Before anyone asks, it was less than stellar. In the room next door was a library book sale. Can't really blame everyone for heading in that direction, can I? Not when they could get boxes of books for less than one of mine. Such is life and the nature of this business.

It's ok, though. People saw me and chatted. Even if they didn't buy a book, they know who I am now. Or at least, knew who I was for those 5 minutes or so while we talked. It's a slow assimilation, taking over getting into every home in America, never mind the whole world. I don't mind, there's still plenty of time.

Meanwhile, I managed to get notes on another project condensed for my next edit and drafted another children's book. (Yeah, I had a little time on my hands.) No use getting riled up over a small bump in the road to greatness when I've already fallen into so many potholes along the way. As ever, onward and upward!

Which reminds me. I have back-to-back readings/signings coming up next week. One is in Woonsocket, RI and the second is Leicester, MA. Hope to see you all there. And no, I won't be competing with book sales at either one.

No comments:

Post a Comment