Welcome!

Blog of a Writer on the Go and Barely Here.
Here by accident?
Looking for something more 'family-friendly'? Check out my Children's & Young Adult Blog:The Wide Writing World of Emily McKeon

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sharing the Happiness 1.5

Remember when I said I couldn't give out details on one of those offers of rep because they were still thinking it over? Yeah, I should have waited a day.

I am happy to be able to share more good news. The incredibly talented Nicole Panteleakos signed with Rachael Dugas of Talcott Notch Literary for her YA Connected. This is one of hers I have not had the pleasure of reading, but judging from the two I have (Anabel Mist Does Not Exist and Katie Clark is Special Ed which made me cry) this one is going to be fantastic.

Some crazy coincidental background info:

I met Nicole through ABNA (Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award) in 2011. Oddly enough, although we've yet to meet in person (officially - we did attend the same party once in 2006), we discovered we share many of the same friends due to our shared interest in the theater and the fact we grew up less than an hour away from each other.

To top the crazy Small-Worldness off, we had the same high school English teacher, a favorite for us both, despite attending different schools in different states. Our teacher, Mr. Dick Martin who released his own book last year, left my high school when I graduated and started teaching in Connecticut.

With her agent signing, I hope to be able to announce a book deal for her in the near-future. A book launch would be the perfect way to finally meet face-to-face.

Congratulations, Nicole! And best of luck on the next part of your journey to publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment