Welcome to the last day of the FRENCHED blog tour here on The Absentee Blogger. Be sure to return for more chances at a copy of the book and some other great prizes.
Now, a few Behind the Scenes facts from FRENCHED author Melanie Harlow.
Nine Facts about FRENCHED
By Melanie Harlow
1) The main character in Frenched, Mia Devine, loves to make lists for everything, and I do too! So making this list is totally fun for me. J
2) The bar Mia wanders into in the Latin Quarter (where she meets Lucas) is based on a real Canadian sports bar in Paris called The Moose. In Frenched, I called it…The Beaver. (This gives you a good idea of my sense of humor.)
3) The restaurant Lucas takes her to is based on a real Italian restaurant in the Latin Quarter called Marco Polo—one of my favorite restaurants in Paris!
4) There is one photo in the book: it’s a picture I took in the Musee Rodin the last time I was there of a beautiful sculpture called The Cathedral. (In the book it plays a role in a somewhat dirty moment between Mia and Lucas…)
5) You can stay in Lucas’s Paris apartment! I found the inspiration for Lucas’s St. Germain neighborhood apartment on Vacation Rentals By Owner. Here’s the link: http://www.vrbo.com/270121. (Wish I could put Lucas in there for you!)
6) You can also stay in the villa Lucas takes her to in Provence. I based it on this one: http://www.onlyprovence.com/villas/saumane. Not bad, huh? I’ll meet you there for drinks on the pool deck…
7) Lucas and Mia fall for each other pretty fast, and while I’m not sure about love at first sight, I do believe you can love someone within a short amount of time. I believe some people just have a connection that they feel right away.
8) There is quite a bit of sex in Frenched because it is such an important part of their chemistry, but I think my favorite one is the shower scene—Mia has a pretty big revelation at that point. However, the scene in the bedroom at the villa (the one involving the neck tie, ahem) was ridiculously fun to write…that’s a favorite too.
9) I’d love to continue their story somehow, either in a novella or another full-length novel, but the next book in the series will focus on Mia’s friend Coco, who falls for a chef/restaurateur who’s strictly off limits. It’s called…Forked. J