Welcome!

Blog of a Writer on the Go and Barely Here.
Here by accident?
Looking for something more 'family-friendly'? Check out my Children's & Young Adult Blog:The Wide Writing World of Emily McKeon

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo, We Hold You in Our Hearts...

Okay, it doesn't have the same ring, but you get the idea. Summer is here and with it, the time honored tradition of summer camps. Apparently some adults became nostalgic for the good old days and started Camp NaNoWriMo for us adults.



For those of you who have been around for a while, you've seen my posts about NaNoWriMo. For those new to the blog or have never heard the term 'NaNo' before, you can acquaint yourself here.

Now we're all familiar with the strange word, I'm announcing that I will be joining the ranks of campers this year. I know, it's a huge deal, but before you rush out to alert the press I ask that you all respect my privacy on the matter. Besides, if all the press shows up at my door how am I going to make my word limits each day?

The month of June will see me as a truly 'Absentee Blogger.' (You didn't think I picked the name by accident, did you?) I will schedule posts to automatically go up each Monday and Friday, but it will be only chapters from What the Whole Town Knew and very little of my own personal charm. I hope you all can survive our time apart.



For those of you also participating, I would ask you to add me to your friends list, but Camp NaNo has cabins and I already have been assigned my cabin-mates (the lucky dogs) so we will have to communicate our joys and frustrations elsewhere. Feel free to friend me on my Facebook page or on Twitter and we can try to get through the ritual that is (Writing) Summer Camp together.

If you're interested in trying out Camp NaNo, you can sign up here. Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment