The Absentee Blogger blog has been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by the equally lovely Kay Kauffman. Thank you!
Now, as with any award, there are rules and etiquette to follow. What kind of rules? you might be asking. Well, I'm glad you did. Here they are:
Now we know how to play, let's get started, shall we?
- I play clarinet in two separate bands. One band I get paid to play with, so I guess that make me a professional musician, even if it only covers new reeds, gas money and repairs.
- By day I'm a personal care assistant. This means I take care of a severely autistic woman while her parents work. It gives me some flexibility to occasionally do other things like writing and...
- Homeschooling. Many of you know I have two children, a 5, I mean, 6-year-old (sigh) boy and a 4-year-old girl. My daughter is enrolled in preschool, but my son is being homeschooled. Yes, by me. So far, so good.
- While we're on the subject of work, my first job when I was in high school was a karate instructor. I know it's hard to believe, but I have the bad joints from hyper-extensions and broken toe to prove it.
- My husband and I met while performing at the Connecticut Renaissance Faire. I was returning in my role of Lady Margaret, wife to Sir Bedivere, but my former 'husband' couldn't return that year. My now real husband had auditioned and cast in the role. We were told to spend time together to make our onstage relationship believable. (I was also assistant costumer at the time, so spent more time sewing than rehearsing.) We had lunch and the rest is now history.
- So, I performed at the CT Ren Faire in the capacity of a lady-of-the-court and worked as an assistant costumer. To add to that, I'm a member of The Great Unwashed. I play Rosie Cheeks, a former serving wench who got too friendly with some of the customers and lost her job.
|My first mud show.|
Couldn't figure out how to eat, so my hubby fed me.
7. My final random fact - I'm a Virgo.
Now, for the nominations! *Drum roll*
Always to the Unknown Friend
Indie Day in the Sun
Talking to Myself
The Alliance Of Worldbuilders
Please check out some of these other great blogs. Who knows, you might find a new favorite.