Welcome!

Blog of a Writer on the Go and Barely Here.
Here by accident?
Looking for something more 'family-friendly'? Check out my Children's & Young Adult Blog:The Wide Writing World of Emily McKeon

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Hint of Things to Come

I'm back! After nearly a month of being computerless, I have returned.

Mostly.

Now I'm playing catch-up on critiques and on my own writing, because of course while I didn't have the ability to type, my brain decided it was the perfect time to start churning out new ideas. My bedside table and the glove compartment of my car are full of random notes I jotted down over the course of the last few weeks. Now to determine which are actually useful.

I'm also attempting to finish off S.A.M., the YA Sci-fi ms I started working on over CampNaNo in April. It's still about 10k words short of the ending, but I'm hoping to fix that this week. Oh, and rename it since S.A.M. no longer fits the book as a whole.

With all these new ideas and a backlog of old, my hard drive is getting pretty full. Querying-wise, I'm focused on THE SOLUTION, which means my other work is being pushed to the back. It's impossible to give all of them attention, especially at the querying stage.

Now comes the semi-good news. Since WHAT THE WHOLE TOWN KNEW is going to be a hard sell traditionally (it has too many strikes against it --- biggest being the fact it's written in second person) I've been tossing around the idea of self-publishing it. I know I asked you all about this a few years ago, but then shelved it for a bit while my attention turned to other projects. This summer, I think it's ready.

What this means is all traces of past blog posts containing chapters of WHAT THE WHOLE TOWN KNEW will disappear. I'll be saving them for me because I love all your comments, but I don't want the story up here in its raw form.

Once I get everything figured out, I'll release more information, including expected publication date. This will hopefully be available in both e-book format as well as paperback. Again, I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do with it.

It will go through at least one more editor before anything else is decided. It's already going through several rounds of edits and revisions since the original posts, so I'm hoping one more professional set of eyes will catch anything still missed.

So, what do all of you think? Good idea or bad? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! That is all ;-) love that story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! I hate to leave it hanging around doing nothing, but it's very hard to query. I've talked to a cover designer, so it's already starting to come together.

      Delete
  2. I didn't read that one. But I would love to.

    And I'm very glad your computer is back, and I'm glad and thankful that you are a faithful CP.

    Hugs and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete