Welcome!

Blog of a Writer on the Go and Barely Here.
Here by accident?
Looking for something more 'family-friendly'? Check out my Children's & Young Adult Blog:The Wide Writing World of Emily McKeon

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Beginnings, New Year

Welcome to 2013! I know, we've been here for a week, but all my regular readers should know me by now. And if you don't know me, than you soon will. AND YOU WILL LOVE ME!

Now we have that out of the way, time to discuss this year and changes happening. Not all the changes because that would make things boring. Surprises are good every once in a while. But, some things have already changed and others will be soon, so quick heads up on what's going on.

First, some of you may have noticed that WHAT THE WHOLE TOWN KNEW is missing. Well, mostly missing. There is a reason for this. Currently I'm working on edits and revisions to get it all cleaned up. Next Monday, it will be entered into this year's ABNA. I'm curious to see how it will be received there. Should it get booted early, I'll go back to the drawing board and edit some more before querying with it. Again, I'll keep everyone updated on what's happening.

Second, ABNA!!! Next week!!!! Completely not ready this year, but I will be. If anyone has any last minute suggestions, thoughts or ideas from when they read WHAT THE WHOLE TOWN KNEW, feel free to email or leave a comment. Otherwise, forever hold your peace.

Third, new feature will be coming to the blog. Starting next week there will be Nerd Cat Diaries, with accompanying pictures, once a week. Be warned. And, if you have any suggestions for it, again, leave me a comment.

Fourth, I'm going to be marketing my children's book like crazy, so I may not be here often. Where I do hope to be is in libraries, schools and bookstores. All of you can help me with this goal. Go to your bookstores and ask them to stock it. Ask your library if they have it in their catalog. Tell your kids' teachers about it. I'd also love to do readings and signings. While I'm based in New England, if there's enough interest elsewhere, I can be persuaded to come visit. Have your local libraries, schools and bookstores email me to set up something.

I think that's it for now. A very Happy New Year to you all. May this be one to write (good things) about.


No comments:

Post a Comment