Welcome!

Blog of a Writer on the Go and Barely Here.
Here by accident?
Looking for something more 'family-friendly'? Check out my Children's & Young Adult Blog:The Wide Writing World of Emily McKeon

Monday, March 18, 2013

Where'd I Go?

I know I've been leaning heavily on the 'Absentee' part lately, but it's because I've had some good stuff going on. If you only follow me here and not on Twitter or Facebook, you may have missed what I'm talking about.

First of all, I've been very busy and active scheduling appearances. Calendar is slowly filling up, which is very exciting. It also means I won't be here as often, although I'm hoping to post pictures after each event. If you're curious about where I'll be, check out my Appearance page. Tomorrow I'll be doing my first school visit, so wish me luck!

Second, I'm still writing and editing my work. Some pieces are currently being queried or in various contests. My focus for querying is my second children's book THE BLUEBERRY MAN. While it hasn't connected with an agent yet, it did open a door for future queries to one agent. This story wasn't quite right for her, but she requested I query her with other writing in her genres. It's a half-win which has sent me back to my folders of edited manuscripts I wasn't quite ready to query yet, but now have a reason to get into shape.

Third, I'm beta-ing for some really fantastic stuff. Once those authors are ready to go live with publication announcements, I will let you all know. And I know these manuscripts will find a home somewhere. They're too awesome not to.

So, there you have it. I've actually been busy doing what I'm supposed to be doing; writing, marketing, reading and pestering other publishing types. Hopefully all this hard work will pay off and my book will end up on bookshelves around the world.

A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment