Welcome!

Blog of a Writer on the Go and Barely Here.
Here by accident?
Looking for something more 'family-friendly'? Check out my Children's & Young Adult Blog:The Wide Writing World of Emily McKeon

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Give Lizzie a Hand

Sorry I've been MIA. Very busy summer, that's almost over, and some very exciting news.

Most of you know I'm working toward self-publishing WHAT THE TOWN KNEW. With all this project entails to make it sharp, I've decided to go the Kickstarter route. All the details can be found HERE.

I'll wait while you check it out.

Done? Awesome! Now you know what's up for grabs. Right now the 'swag' is a special bookmark only available through Kickstarter and a WHAT THE TOWN KNEW button. Should I make my goal, additional items will be added at set intervals, so watch for those updates.

Next, there is a book club special. If you belong to a book club, run a book club, are a librarian, or for any reason have a lot of friends who all love to read and talk with writers, check out the top level gift.

Also, please note that there will be an Audibles version. I think this part excites me the most. Even if you don't donate to get the Audibles but are interested, keep an eye on this space. I guarantee more information will be posted here as things progress.

Finally, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, if I meet my goal, even if I just make it, a portion of my first six months worth of sales will be donated to help domestic abuse victims. The more money raised over my goal, the larger the percentage I donate in return. The information concerning the amounts and where the money will be going will be posted here and on the Kickstarter page as the goals are met. To start with, 5% of my sales will be donated, but I hope that number will increase.

So, please share and spread the word. I have until September 11, 2014 to raise the money. If you have any questions at all regarding the Kickstarter, gifts, or just want to say hi, please comment away.

From me and Lizzie, a huge thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment