Welcome!

Blog of a Writer on the Go and Barely Here.
Here by accident?
Looking for something more 'family-friendly'? Check out my Children's & Young Adult Blog:The Wide Writing World of Emily McKeon

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

...And A Happy New Year

Here we are once again. Another New Year's Eve and another New Year only hours away.

2014 has been an interesting ride. It's been a year of travel - more travel then I've ever done before. From weekends in Maine for book signings to our first big family vacation to Disney to weddings in DC and Arizona for close friends and family, we saw quite a bit.

Writing-wise, I spent a good portion of the spring and early summer traveling around New England for book signings and readings of WHO WILL DANCE WITH ME? My debut adult novel WHAT THE TOWN KNEW got rolling towards publication (April 2015) with awesome cover and digital art from S.P. McConnell and lots of help from all of you who contributed to my Indiegogo campaign.

My first short story The Sticky Sweetness was published in Pen & Muse's DARK CARNIVAL ANTHOLOGY and the Alliance of Worldbuilders Anthology is set to come out this year with two of my pieces.

The highlight for me as far as writing goes was the Dark Crystal Author Quest. I made Top 25 Editor's Choice and was able to attend a reception in New York back in October. If you missed that whole adventure (and it was an adventure) you can read all about it here and here.

That's not to say this year was all rainbows and sunshine. I got my share of rejections (not going to say how many exactly...but a fair amount) and both my NaNo attempts ended up short. The first time I haven't made my goals. But, compared to years past where we had real loss and heartbreak, I can't complain too much over how 2014 treated me.

Now I can look forward to 2015 and all it brings with it. I'll have a new novel out in the spring along with a few more short stories in another anthology. I'll be celebrating my 10 year anniversary (Yikes!) and finally going on my honeymoon...a very late honeymoon...back to Disney in May. I'm already booking appearances for both my children's book and my upcoming release.

In short - I plan to keep busy.

And maybe, just maybe, this will be the year that brings with it an offer of representation.

What are you all looking forward to this year? What are your goals and hopes as we enter a fresh year with a clean start?

No comments:

Post a Comment