Welcome!

Blog of a Writer on the Go and Barely Here.
Here by accident?
Looking for something more 'family-friendly'? Check out my Children's & Young Adult Blog:The Wide Writing World of Emily McKeon

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A Run-By Update

Happy End of September!

I know, it's been forever since I've posted. I feel like I have a billion projects happening at the same time and no time to get them all done.

What have I been working on? So glad you asked.

First up, I have joined the fantastically awesome Pen & Muse Author Showcase once again for their Halloween stories. It's all submitted and set to go next month. I'll let you all know when it goes live, although I suggest checking Pen & Muse out all October long to catch some other great stories.

Second, my sci-fi YA, ROBOTICS FIRST LAW, is getting an overhaul. I entered it into Pitch Madness this year and although the majority of the mentors liked it, the anonymous suggestion was reworking it as an upper MG. Which means a whole lotta rewriting and reworking of story lines that are no long appropriate or won't make sense. So, yay! I know how to fix it. Ugh! It's going to take a lot of fixing.

Third, ROBOTICS isn't the only piece currently going through some changes. I have my eye on a very competitive paid 'internship'/writing program. In order to submit to it, I need an original television pilot and a spec episode. So, TINMAN  is once again changing its stripes to accommodate this newest challenge. The conversion is nearly done, but I still need to go through and edit everything. Then I need to do a second script. (Wish me luck on that.)

The final writing related item (for now) is a short Dark Crystal fan film which my husband has talked me into working on. Mostly because he'll be doing the majority of the work once I get a script written. I very much would love to win the film contest since part of the prize is a tour of the Henson Studios in California. I've already done east coast Muppet tour, time for me to see the west coast.

Besides writing projects overwhelming me, I recently started a second (part time) job. I'm finally working for Disney!

Ok, I work at the Disney Store, but it's about as close as a girl can get living in New England. And if that isn't enough, both of my kids were accepted onto the dance competition team at their studio. (Yes, this is me mom-bragging.) This of course means our studio time went from an hour each on Saturdays to a combined 18 1/2 hours from Tuesday through Saturday. That's a lot of dancing.

Now, if you guys don't hear from me for a while, you know why. Feel free to email me if you have any questions, want to chat, or whatever. I won't be quite as fast responding as I normally am, but I promise I will get to you!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment