Welcome!

Blog of a Writer on the Go and Barely Here.
Here by accident?
Looking for something more 'family-friendly'? Check out my Children's & Young Adult Blog:The Wide Writing World of Emily McKeon

Friday, April 26, 2013

Supernatural Chicken

I'm a geek. Anyone who knows me knows this. Anyone who follows my blog, knows this. If you haven't already come to this conclusion, than you have somehow managed to miss all the posts about Comic Cons, Doctor Who, superheroes, and the short-lived Nerd Cat Diaries. (Sorry, the cats refused to cooperate any longer. Besides, Winter is no longer coming.)

Anyways, I finally caught up on all my current shows and decided I needed to start in on others I've been meaning to watch. With two kids, it's hard to get 'adult TV time', so I end up watching series in a marathon run when they're asleep. (Thank you, Netflix!) It also means I'm very far behind on what all my friends are watching and talking about. Except Game of Thrones. Read the books and own the first two seasons, so there are no spoilers there for me. Everything else, though, I am sadly lacking.

So, with a clean slate to start a new series, I flipped through Netflix, trying to figure out which one I needed to get through next. Unfortunately my first choice, Castle, is not on Netflix. Boo! Moving on, I decided Supernatural would be the 'natural' choice. And so began my night.

It should be noted that I'm not a blood and guts gal. I'm squeamish when it comes to anything like that. Hubby tried to get me to watch Walking Dead with him and I only stomached two episodes before calling it quits. I also don't do suspense well. I've managed movies like PSYCHO (the original) and most Hitchcock Presents, Twilight Zone and things of that nature. Movies like THE SHINING, I made it about five minutes to the end and had to leave the room. I couldn't even watch the trailer for THE CONJURING. In short I'm a chicken. Why I thought Supernatural would be a good idea just before bedtime is beyond my now very clear comprehension.

I think when I pushed the play button, I was expecting something along the lines of Buffy. Some blood and gore, but a little bit of comedy to off-set it. Yeah, nothing like that at all. To call the whole episode dark is an understatement. I won't give anything away in case, like me, you want to check it out for yourselves. Just be warned, Creep Factor is high. I have been told it varies from episode to episode, so I'm willing to give it another shot. With all the lights on, in the middle of the day, of course.

After making it through the first episode, I decided to call it a night and curl up with my David Sedaris book. I thought this would counteract the visions of demons and ghosts flitting through my head. I'm not so sure it did. I have a sneaking suspicion that I was warding off the forces of evil in my sleep as I now am experiencing inexplicable pain in my left shoulder. Or, I could have slept on it wrong.

I'm going with the demon theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment