Welcome!

Blog of a Writer on the Go and Barely Here.
Here by accident?
Looking for something more 'family-friendly'? Check out my Children's & Young Adult Blog:The Wide Writing World of Emily McKeon

Friday, September 12, 2014

Falling Short of the Goal

Well, my Kickstarter ended yesterday short of my goal. For those of you unaware of how Kickstarter works, it means I don't get funded.

I'm not discouraged, though. About two weeks ago I chatted with someone else who was campaigning their Kickstarter project and they told me they had a back-up plan. If they ended up not funded, they were going to try again on Indiegogo. So, after checking out their site and comparing with how Kickstarter is set up, I decided to give it a go.

The biggest difference between the two sites is that I have the option of Flexible Funding. This means I don't have to meet my goal to be funded, but for obvious reasons I'd really like to make my goal.

I also lowered my goal level. This is absolute bare minimum for me to get my book out --- and will still require out-of-pocket expenses, but not nearly as many. Obviously any help I can get will be very much appreciated.

Already I have the artwork for marketing and the cover done and I've lined up an editor. This book is happening. My level of stress during this time will be affected by how well this campaign does.

On Monday, the campaign will go live. I've added an EARLY BIRD SPECIAL incentive. Anyone who pledges $20 or more in the FIRST WEEK (so between Monday the 15th and Sunday the 21st) will receive a key chain and a small tote bag in addition to their tier gifts.

Please help me get the word out. I know so many of you did the last round and I'm eternally grateful for your support and belief in me.

Until Monday when the link goes live. Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment